SUPA Post

Mar 23, 2010 – SUPA Meeting Minutes

Date and Time: 7:00 Tuesday March 23, 2010

Location: Dish on Queen St.

Meeting Theme:
2010 Planning and Budgets

Attendance:
Jen Braun – Co-chair
Andrea Aubertin – Co-chair
Steven Oldford – Secretary
Curtis Vanderloo – Treasurer
Jason Greco – member at large

Agenda Outline:

  • Review and approve minutes from Feb 17th meeting
  • Field Update
  • Registration
  • Mailing List
  • Pickup
  • Budgets, Banking, etc.
  • Determine Next Meeting
  • Advertising

Minutes:

Review and approve minutes:

  • Minutes from Feb. 17 meeting reviewed by Steve.
  • Minutes approved by Curtis and seconded by Steve.

Field Update:

  • The City has suggested SUPA use Sir James Dunn (SJD) and Anna McCrea fields..
  • SUPA is questioning the suitability of the second field at Anna McCrea.
  • ACTION: Steve, Ian and Andrea will meet with Margaret Hazelton to further discuss the field situation.
  • ACTION: Jen will research Ministry of Health (MOH) grant options for field improvements, equipment, etc.

Registration:

  • All money has been received from 2009 registration.
  • Registrants will only have to register with SUPA in 2010, (and not SUPA and ODSA) as SUPA’s registration form will gather the information ODSA requires.
  • A database will be sent to ODSA once registration closes.  Hopefully this will help to make the registration process simpler this year.
  • We will trial having groups of friends (five to ten) register together.  It may be best to have a cap on the number of people who can sign up together.
  • A representative of the group will be required to attend the draft night.
  • There are several options for theme nights.  SUPA members will be able to vote for their favorite idea.  The top two ideas will be this year’s theme nights.

Mailing List:

  • We have started using a new mass emailing service called Mail Chimp.
  • This replace the PHP List services we used last year for weekly emailing.
  • It allows people to unsubscribe from the mailing list as well as forward e-mails.
  • It works well with Eventbrite registration system.

Pick Up:

  • Pick up continues at Clergue Park Sundays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at noon.
  • Sunday pick up will continue until mid-June when Monday night frisbee will replace it.

Budgets/Banking:

  • It has been decided not to get a SUPA credit card as alternative online registration payment options have been found.
  • The cost of registration has increased to $40.  Registration will include a 13 weeks of Ultimate, social events, a disc, team bandana, and insurance.
  • ACTION: Curtis will purchase bandanas on behalf of SUPA.
  • Payment options when registering include PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, cheque or cash.
  • Members who register by May 1 will receive a $5 discount.

Advertising:

  • Word of mouth is the most effective way of promoting SUPA.
  • Flyers and pamphlets will also be used this year.
  • There was some discussion about using roadside billboards to advertise, however, their value in reaching our target market was questioned.
  • Curtis suggested Pita Pit TV’s
  • ACTION: Jay will see about having Ricardo’s advertise on their TV’s
  • ACTION: Jen will send flyer to contact @ Sault College

Sponsor:

  • On hold until field space is secured.
  • Andrea volunteered to help find a sponsor once we’ve established field location.

Next Meeting:

  • The next meeting will be held on May 27 @ 7pm at Dish.