Date and Time: 7:00 Tuesday March 23, 2010
Location: Dish on Queen St.
Meeting Theme: 2010 Planning and Budgets
Jen Braun – Co-chair
Andrea Aubertin – Co-chair
Steven Oldford – Secretary
Curtis Vanderloo – Treasurer
Jason Greco – member at large
- Review and approve minutes from Feb 17th meeting
- Field Update
- Mailing List
- Budgets, Banking, etc.
- Determine Next Meeting
Review and approve minutes:
- Minutes from Feb. 17 meeting reviewed by Steve.
- Minutes approved by Curtis and seconded by Steve.
- The City has suggested SUPA use Sir James Dunn (SJD) and Anna McCrea fields..
- SUPA is questioning the suitability of the second field at Anna McCrea.
- ACTION: Steve, Ian and Andrea will meet with Margaret Hazelton to further discuss the field situation.
- ACTION: Jen will research Ministry of Health (MOH) grant options for field improvements, equipment, etc.
- All money has been received from 2009 registration.
- Registrants will only have to register with SUPA in 2010, (and not SUPA and ODSA) as SUPA’s registration form will gather the information ODSA requires.
- A database will be sent to ODSA once registration closes. Hopefully this will help to make the registration process simpler this year.
- We will trial having groups of friends (five to ten) register together. It may be best to have a cap on the number of people who can sign up together.
- A representative of the group will be required to attend the draft night.
- There are several options for theme nights. SUPA members will be able to vote for their favorite idea. The top two ideas will be this year’s theme nights.
- We have started using a new mass emailing service called Mail Chimp.
- This replace the PHP List services we used last year for weekly emailing.
- It allows people to unsubscribe from the mailing list as well as forward e-mails.
- It works well with Eventbrite registration system.
- Pick up continues at Clergue Park Sundays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at noon.
- Sunday pick up will continue until mid-June when Monday night frisbee will replace it.
- It has been decided not to get a SUPA credit card as alternative online registration payment options have been found.
- The cost of registration has increased to $40. Registration will include a 13 weeks of Ultimate, social events, a disc, team bandana, and insurance.
- ACTION: Curtis will purchase bandanas on behalf of SUPA.
- Payment options when registering include PayPal, Visa, Mastercard, cheque or cash.
- Members who register by May 1 will receive a $5 discount.
- Word of mouth is the most effective way of promoting SUPA.
- Flyers and pamphlets will also be used this year.
- There was some discussion about using roadside billboards to advertise, however, their value in reaching our target market was questioned.
- Curtis suggested Pita Pit TV’s
- ACTION: Jay will see about having Ricardo’s advertise on their TV’s
- ACTION: Jen will send flyer to contact @ Sault College
- On hold until field space is secured.
- Andrea volunteered to help find a sponsor once we’ve established field location.
- The next meeting will be held on May 27 @ 7pm at Dish.